"I saw the angel in the marble and carved until I set him free"

Michelangelo



Monday, October 17, 2011

Music and Television

I have been on huge music kick.  I have been googling Youtube for tunes from the 80's and 90's.  I found a lot of remakes from a variety of folks and I have to say that there are some talented people out there.  In fact, sometimes they're better than the original.  I wish I could sing!  Every time I hear an average Joe on tv sing really good, I'm just awed by them.  I totally wish I could sing.

I am just so bored with the music on the radio right now.  And I hate listening to the radio because they play the same thing over and over and over again.  I'll switch the station and it will be playing the same thing.  For example, I am so over that dumb Dynamite song and Katy Perry's California Girls.  In fact, I'm over Katy Perry.  I like her, but I can't listen to her music anymore.  I have to switch to something completely different on the radio just to not hear top 40's sometimes.

Anyway, here's a video of a remake of U2's "With or Without You"  I just fell in love with this song again.  They did a great job.  I like this version because it's just softer, slower, and more emotional.


I've also developed a bad habit of watching trashy television shows at night.  Well, it's not that trashy and it's not every night, usually just Wednesdays.  I think it's channel 5.  Or is it 4?  I dunno.  I never pay attention.  It's whatever channel that plays The Middle, Suburgatory, Modern Family, Happy Endings, and Revenge.  That's 3 hours of me sitting in front of the tube watching it.  But it's hilarious!

Of course, Revenge isn't funny and I only watch it for the hot bartender and to see how she is taking down people.  But really, the actor (Nick Wechsler) that plays the bartender is super cute.  Like when he smiles, and he's got a really cute smile, he has these cute dimples and he's just so sexy!  hehe.  I have a lot of fun texting my work friend cuz we watch it.  "Omg, did you see him there?!  So hot!"  Hey, don't judge, it's the only time we can drool over someone.  Personally, I'd rather spend Wednesday nights laughing and giggling like a teenager than to watch 20/20 or Dateline or 48 Hr Mysteries and then can't sleep at night because I'm worried about someone murdering me and whatnot.  No way.  Though I will admit, I was badly addicted to Bachelor Pad and Jersey Shore and that's trash.  But trash can be so good sometimes :)  Nothing like a little Ron-Ron juice to get the party started.

Nick Wechsler, I like his facial hair and that he's not all clean shaven and pretty boy.  

Another thing I'm addicted to lately: taking Fall pictures.  I have loads to share.  But I think I'll only share my favorite ones or the really good ones I took since I took like a thousand.  I am definitely going to save my money and get a DSLR.  They are expensive, but I do enjoy taking photos.  Pictures mean a lot to me.  After people or pets are gone, your youth, whatever is important to you, pictures capture that moment in time and even if your memories fade, you'll always have those photos to remind you.  Not only that, but the story behind them.  There are photos of my pets that I post on facebook.  They mean nothing to others, but sometimes there is a story behind it and only I know (and find endearing).  I don't post those photos for others, but for me.

It's getting late and all I can say is that I certainly hope I didn't get any ticks on me from hanging out inside a hollow of a tree.  It looks romantic in movies with couples going into one after getting caught in the rain and making out, but it was not romantic.  Nor was my bf and I making out in it.  And it was sunny.  He decided to go in it while I was taking photos of a really cool log with moss all over it.  He thought he would hide from me.  Then he struggled to come out.  Haha.  So I went inside after a few minutes of "I don't know if that's a good idea, is there an animal in there?" It was cool, but it was very quiet, a little too quiet.  It blocked out the wind and noise.  Extremely spacious as well.  And of course on my way out, he says, "honey, there are bats in there" to which I really tried to hurry out though I knew he was lying.  I'll def have to share those photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment