"I saw the angel in the marble and carved until I set him free"

Michelangelo



Sunday, October 2, 2011

A mini training update

Well, Milo knows how to do "up" now, which is basically standing on his legs and pawing at my legs.  It's so funny because the other day, I was clicker training the birds and Milo hears the clicker, comes running at me, and stands up numerous times, gently pawing at my legs for a treat.  I had to laugh at him because it was so darling and sweet.  I had no carrots in my hands, just bird treats and the birds were going nuts over my hand with the millet in it.  I did practice target training through the cages with a chopstick.  Some birds are better at it than others.  Evie was deathly afraid of it whereas the others were more than happy to nip at the stick for a treat.

No comments:

Post a Comment