"I saw the angel in the marble and carved until I set him free"

Michelangelo



Sunday, October 2, 2011

The Dictionary of Imaginary Places


I am not ashamed or embarrassed.  I am a nerd at heart and I love it.  This is my new fave book.  It doesn't come in e-book form and I am glad it doesn't.  With all the photos and maps, I wouldn't want it in e-book form.  I just love this book.  It lists just about every fantasy place in literature, including Hogwarts :).  It talks about the geography and the people who live there.  It's quite amazing.  There are so many places I have yet to go to!  The real world is a sad place at times so I much prefer fantasy.  Plus this book was 50% off $12.98!

Besides Hogwarts, this is my 2nd place fave place in the world!  How can one not like this?!

 
Growing up, I loved King Arthur stories. 
 
Not a fan of Oz, but thought I would share.  I think I watched too much of it as kid.

Home of King Kong!!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment