"I saw the angel in the marble and carved until I set him free"

Michelangelo



Monday, October 3, 2011

Day 1 of Fall Colors.

The peak time for fall colors in my area is still only like 10% or so, but that doesn't mean that some trees haven't turned yet!  I don't know much about plants, but I was sure surprised that some flowers are still in bloom.  I went about two blocks and discovered that by the school nearby, there is a little garden planted in there.  Now the yard for the school is open.  Families are always there on the playground and it's just a nice little area, kinda hidden, and quiet.  I don't really know if people can go there, but there's always folks there and I was one of them.  

I found a lot of beautiful things to photograph.  I wish I had a better and more professional camera besides my point-and-shoot digital, but I make due with what I have.  It's either a new camera or bird toys and of course, bird toys come first!  It's not like my camera is broken either.  I liked my old camera better, but it's no longer being sold.  It was my fault really.  I left it out and the birds broke the lens on it.  It can still take pictures as long as the sun isn't involved.  The Macro mode was a lot better on that one.  This one just isn't the same.  They were both Canon.

My shadow


This was the hardest.  The bees were all over this purple beauty and there were a lot of them.  This bee was the most still.  And I am scared of bees too.  

 a lone red leaf
  
I love the contrast between the colors of the leaves and the blue sky.  








I just want to sweep this







Yay!  A butterfly with its' wings!  This was one happy creature.  I was watching it forever. 
 
This is from the other night from my window.  Of course the colors were much prettier in person!

I went photographing things again this morning.  It's amazing how much stuff I found on sidewalks.  Not only that, but bushes and plants I would never even think to look at, were beautiful, full of life, and had stuff on them, that I would have never noticed if I didn't stop to look.  I'll post up those photos either later on tomorrow or this week.  I can't wait to share those pictures and I like them more.  

No comments:

Post a Comment